While using the latest and greatest beauty products may help you achieve clear, glowing skin, an inside-out approach to beauty is truly the root of perfect skin. Natural beauty comes from what we put into our bodies, not just what we put on the outside.
And what better way to do that than to drink your way to gorgeous skin. Detox water is the perfect way to get all the necessary nutrients required for clear, glowing skin. Water alone is key to great skin as it flushes out toxins, delivers nutrients to your cells and keeps your cells hydrated and hydrated skin = glowing skin.
But plain water can be pretty boring, so why not add some tasty fruits and vegetables to your water? Adding the right fruits, vegetables and herbs to your water can begin to improve your skin on a cellular level and help you achieve the clear, glowing skin you’re after.
See also: Acne solutions on Pinterest
For your detox water, focus on the fruits and vegetables with the most skin-enhancing ingredients:
- Citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, grapefruits) – Citrus fruits play a key role in the formation of collagen due to their high Vitamin C content and are considered an anti-oxidant.
- Strawberry – Strawberries are rich in ellagic acid, folate, and vitamin C, each of which works to neutralize cell damage caused by free radicals. Ellagic acid also helps to protect the skin against UV damage.
- Apple – Apples are rich in malic acid, which helps to cleanse and soften the skin by renewing skin cells.
- Cucumber – Cucumbers are full of anti-oxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese. They are also hydrating which is essential for soft, supple skin.
- Mint – Mint is rich in anti-oxidants and flavonoids. Mint is known for soothing and healing inflammation and keeping acne at bay.
- Watermelon – Watermelon helps to flush the body of toxins and is full of anti-oxidants, which help to fight free radicals.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is rich in enzymes which help to balance bacteria in your gut. It also helps to promote weight loss by helping with digestion.
- Aloe vera – Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties when used topically on the skin. However, it can also be used internally to treat gut issues and can also help to promote clearer, brighter skin.
- Ginger – Ginger has plenty of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial qualities. It can be effective in keeping skin beautiful and glowing by reducing inflammation and keeping skin hydrated.
- Tropical Fruit (papaya, pineapple, kiwi, guava) – Tropical fruits are chock full of vitamin C that helps to defend skin against free radicals. Vitamin C also helps the body produce collagen. Papaya contains a large amount of vitamin A; an important enzyme that helps heal damaged skin by speeding up cell regeneration.
Combining these ingredients with water creates a drink that not only hydrates your body but also works to cleanse and detox your system from the inside out. Each combination helps to remove impurities from your body, that in turn, help to encourage clear, glowing skin.
Cucumber, lemon and mint detox water
- 12 cups of filtered water
- 1 medium organic cucumber
- 2-3 small organic lemons
- 10-12 organic mint leaves
- Wash lemons and cucumbers; slice thinly.
- Add lemons, cucumber and mint to pitcher.
- Cover with water and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Strawberry Kiwi detox water
- ½ gallon cold water
- 2 kiwis
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- Mix all ingredients and leave to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Discard after 24-48 hours or when fruit starts to taste bitter.
Beautiful skin detox water
- 1 to 2 liters of water
- 1 lemon
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Handful of ice
- Put ice in a pitcher or jug, add water and fruit ingredients.
- Garnish with mint and cinnamon.
- Can be served immediately.
Lemon, apple cider, aloe, honey and mint
- 1-2 cups of water (room temperature or hot are both fine)
- 1 lemon, juiced and sliced
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. aloe vera
- 1 tsp. honey (optional for sweetness)
- Combine ingredients in a glass or mason jar.
- For a cold beverage, refrigerate overnight.
- 1-2 liters of water, depending on how strong you want it to taste
- Part of 1 watermelon
- 1 lemon or lime
- A handful of fresh mint leaves (approx. 10-13)
- Ice cubes
- Slice up a good amount of watermelon into cubes, rind and all, and put them into a jug or pitcher.
- Cut 1 lemon or lime into wedges and toss it in with the watermelon.
- Add a handful of fresh mint leaves and pour in the 2 liters of cool water.
- Let the mixture sit overnight in the fridge to allow the flavors time to steep.
An inside-out approach to natural beauty is important, but it doesn’t mean we should stop using products on our skin altogether. Focus on natural skin care products that are made with all natural ingredients, like coconut oil, to further complement your daily detox waters. A routine that includes a cleanser, toner, an exfoliating scrub, and an anti-aging booster is the perfect combination to keep your skin clear and glowing.
Choose a cleanser that gently cleanses without stripping oils from the skin, like Pure Fiji’s purifying cleanser. It is great for all skin types and works as a natural sebum regulator – balancing how much oil is produced by your skin to reduce the likelihood of clogged pores.
A toner is another key component to your routine. Pure Fiji’s balancing toner helps to clear acne prone skin and delivers essential nutrients directly to the skin to restore balance.
Exfoliating your skin is especially important as it removes the dead skin cells from your face and stimulates new ones. Try an exfoliating scrub that contains natural ingredients such as Pure Fiji’s exfoliating scrub with natural papaya and pineapple enzymes. These enzymes naturally and gently scrub away impurities and unblock pores. The scrub also contains vitamin-rich coconut crème, which nourishes newly revealed skin for a brighter, more radiant complexion.
An anti-aging booster or beauty oil is a definite must for any skin care routine. Pure Fiji’s Dilo Oilis a natural antihistamine that helps to reduce inflammation on the skin. This dry oil will not leave skin feeling greasy and will help to minimize acne scars, regenerate cells, and smooth fine lines.
With the right natural beauty products on your face and a daily detox drink, you can get the great skin you’re after. So drink up and be on your way to clear and glowing skin – naturally!